Slider

Three months in and this is my first post!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Well 2009 is almost a quarter over and this is my first post. I haven't been feeling like myself until recently. I have to admit that I had the baby blues pretty bad. Austin was incredibly well cared for I just didn't think I was doing a good job. Part of the problem came from the issues we have been having with breastfeeding and Austin not gaining weight at the rate his doc wanted him too. I just felt so overwhelmed. I really missed my mom and didn't like being cooped up in the house every day.

In January I took Austin to NL for a visit. It was a real turning point for me. I was able to see just how far in a funk I was. It was awesome having Mom, Dad and Janice spend all kinds of time with Austin and I got to spend a bit of time by myself. I actually read a book that had nothing to do with breastfeeding and/or baby care! It was great. Since coming home from NL, I feel a lot better and now that the weather is starting to warm up, Austin and I are spending a lot more time outside going for walks. I also take Austin to a Babies' First Books class on Fridays. He seems to love it. He is really interested in all of the babies in the group.

Austin is doing awesome. He is growing like a weed. He started cereal last week and really enjoys it. We're going to feed Austin a diet that consists of organic foods and no sugar outside of natural sugars in fruits and veggies. Yup...that's right...the cake lady is going sugar free. Gordon and I are going to try to go sugar free. I really need to because I'm fairly positive my inability to lose weight probably has something to so with the fact I can't seem to pass up dark chocolate. It's hard to cut out of our diet. I mean we don't eat white anything, barely any convenience food because I cook everything from scratch and we don't eat out very much at all. I think we did the big diet overhaul a few years ago and now we have to go through with a fine tooth comb and find out what we are eating that we think is good for us but really isn't (case and point- granola bars...very yummy but not exactly health food!).

Having a little boy is such an amazing experience. Austin is really starting to develop his personality! He is "talking" a lot and laughs all the time. I don't think he is going to be a quiet child!!! (but then how could I have ever thought that?...I am his mother :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan