Slider

A rose tinted view

Sunday, September 11, 2011

It has been a hard summer. You've all read about my stress and troubles so I won't repeat the details. I just want to say thank you so much to our friends and family who have been there for us through it all. Thank you so much for your time, for listening and for helping me relocate my rose coloured glasses.

Back in February we had booked a cottage with good' friends and I have been looking forward to our stay on the beach ever since. Coming back from Newfoundland this last time I was counting down the days until our cottage retreat. I desperately needed to recharge and spend some quality time with my family without the worries and stress of the past three months.

We packed up and headed to Cambra Sands on shore of the Northcumberland Straight for the long weekend. I literally felt my stress melting away as we drove up to our cottage right on the beach.

I had been dreaming of this moment for months!


View of sunrise from our cottage

We spent our weekend exploring the tidal pools, catching "kermit" crabs, crabs, clams, little shrimp and finding all the best seashells.






Boys had a good time!


Amelia's toes went for their first dip in the ocean.

Doesn't she look impressed?

I nursed her watching the sunrise and I remembered all the great times that I had at my grandparents' cottage when I was little, running down to the beach, watching the sun come up with my Nanny and all those campfires. We had to share this campfire but the ooey gooey memories were worth it!

I am cherishing those great days with our friends. After all, the glass is half full!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan