Slider

DIY Wedding Dress Shopping Survival Bag

Wednesday, November 18, 2015




As of the date this post gets published, there are 263 days until my sister says "I DO!"

I am so excited for her! Jordan is a great guy and my kids adore him. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat the people around them. Uncle Jordan has been pretty great since day one and Austin loves hanging out with him when we're all together.

When he popped the question a couple of years ago it was not a huge surprise but a really exciting moment none the less. I immediately went into planning mode and sent my sister a planner, several magazines and a few other little things the day after she called to tell me the news. She, understandably wanted to focus on graduating from University first. I mean I get it...it's just...priorities...planners gotta plan!

In May of this year my sister graduated with her Pharmacy degree. We all flew to St. John's to be part of the exciting event. And to make it even better we went DRESS SHOPPING!!!!

While we found a few contenders, we didn't find the dress. Halloween weekend my sister flew to Halifax and we hit the bridal shops. I meticulously planned out the appointments, accounting for travel time and hockey games.

Since the days were going to be jam packed- we only had 3 days to find the dress- I decided to make a Wedding Dress survival kit for her.



The happy bride to be with her Starbucks and Bag at our first stop

I found a great tutorial on Style me Pretty and it includes the image. I somehow managed to muck up the transfer because in barely showed on the bag. What's a girl to do? Grab a gold Sharpie and go over the image! I have to say I was thrilled with how it came out.


I added a few useful items and gave it to her the morning of our first appointment. She loved it and we used everything in it so I consider this a successful DIY Pinterest project.


Bride to Be Wedding Dress Shopping survival kit:

Materials

  • 1 Canvas Bag (I got mine at Michael's Craft Store)
  • Iron on transfer paper
  • Bride to Be image
  • Gold Sharpie

Survival Gear of choice. I included:
  • Elastic headband
  • Hair elastics
  • Hand cream
  • Ibuprofen
  • Lip gloss
  • Manicure Kit
  • Pen
  • Protein bar
  • Small note book
  • Tic Tacs
  • Tissues
  • Water bottle
Follow the directions to print the image on the transfer paper. Trim the access paper around the image. Follow directions to transfer image to canvas bag. If you like it the way it is great, For a little extra something, trace the image over in gold sharpie, fill with goodies and give it to your bride to be!

Oh and in case you are wondering- we found a dress on Day 2!! Janice is going to be one GORGEOUS bride.  We also knocked out colours and bridesmaids dresses. I love me some wedding planning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan