Slider

My new project..Cupcakes & my creative spirit!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

For sometime I have had a pretty close relationship with Martha Stewart...not the personal connection but my obsession with all "good things". Although Martha did send me a lovely note at my wedding (I'm pretty sure that my cousin Laura had something to do with that though) I've never had the opportunity to meet Martha outside the pages of Martha Stewart Living or through the CBC when I used to have the opportunity to watch Martha weekdays when Austin would do nothing but nurse for hours on end.

Long story short, I need a hobby. My days are filled with chasing my sweet little man around the house and cleaning up after him. I love what I do but I need to unleash my creative side again. It's been a long time since I decorated a cake (check out my Gimme that Cake photo album on Facebook for pictures) and I don't have time for anything too time consuming. For my 29th birthday this year, Gordon and Austin gave me a new cookbook, not just any book either...Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book and a cupcake caddy. The logical thing for me to do is to bake....all "175 inspirational ideas for every's favorite treat". I'll have to do 3 recipies a week to cover them all this year and that just might not be practical but between birthdays and holidays I just might be able to pull it off. I admit I've been inspired by the previews of Julie & Julia. I don't expect to get a book deal or a movie but maybe, just maybe I can inspire someone to bake or create something for themselves. Right now I'm doing this for myself...and for G's coworkers who will be getting to eat my treats because if I keep them at home I will never lose the last 5lbs of baby weight or the 30lbs of wedding weight that I'm working on getting to disapear! Humm..Martha there is an awful lot of sugar in that book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan