Slider

Back from our trip!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sorry I've been mia! We took our first big family vacation to Ontario to see my cousin get married. I did her wedding cake (with some help from my mom) {see above}. I think it turned out pretty good. It was the devil's food cake that I made a few weeks ago. I'm going to make a smaller version of this cake for the party that her mom is having in a few weeks for the people who weren't able to make it to Cornwall.

The trip started with an over night in Fredericton to visit Laura and Dan. Austin didn't sleep really well that night but we did have a great visit. The drive from Freddy to Ottawa was long. It took us 17.5 hours from Halifax to Ottawa.

While we were in town we stayed with our friend Amanda and squeezed in as much sight seeing as possible. We went to three museums, parliament, the market and did some shopping (I cleaned up at the Osh Kosh store for Austin!). After 5 days in the city we headed down to Cornwall.

The wedding was amazing. Andrea was absolutely glowing (I actually think that she still is!) and Austin had a great time. He was so happy the whole trip. We are really lucky to have such a happy baby. Sunday morning we packed up and headed for home. We stayed in Edmunston overnight to break up the drive. Now we're trying to get back to normal.

I'll be getting back at my project this week. I'm going to try the Roasted Banana Cupcakes (p142) for the BBQ we're having on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed it stays sunny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan