Slider

February is starting off with a bang.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

I just a mom, trying to live the life I want. That life includes so many things but taking care of myself is never high on my priority list. 


I did a really interesting personal development activity this week. I had to ask 3 people what my strengths and my weaknesses were. So naturally I asked 6 people- then I asked 2 more. I was shocked when their answers were almost exactly the same as my own answers.

My strength: I genuinely care about other people and want to help others I do like to help others. It makes me feel good to see other people succeed, get  a hand up and improve their own wellbeing.  

My weakness: I put myself last and don't take care of myself often enough. I also got one "You never quit, it might take you awhile but you don't give up easy". Both of these statements are also true. Here I am almost 3 years into this coaching thing and I'm still going. I haven't quit because others are depending on me. But those people are also keeping me accountable and driving me to get over each and every obstacle that is in my way to reach my goals.

Self care is so important and, now that I have actually gotten some true sleep for the first time in about 5 years, I'm seeing how I NEED to practice what I preach and I need to take care of myself in order to help others.

So far in January I've crossed 2 things off my 2017 list of goals:
  • Committed to and finish a full 4 week program- Week 4 of Piyo is almost done!
  • Replenished our emergency account
I feel so much better! I'm down 4lbs (after months of gaining and then a major plateau this is HUGE for me), I am eating better, Piyo has been great for strengthening my foot and leg following that injury and I'm not super stressed and worrying about being able to deal with a financial emergency.  I feel ready to face February!

My BEautiful YOU challenge group has rocked January and I am so proud to have been able to help that group and now to be getting ready for my February group. This year I want to help even more people so I want you to ask yourself:

1. Are you comfortable in your own skin? Yeah well me neither!
2. Do you currently LOVE the body you are in? Working on it- I grew two babies with this body and I refuse to disrespect this body any longer.
3. Are you living the best possible life you could be right now? Nope but I'm on a path to get there!
4. Are you happy with your health and fitness right now? No.
5. Are you ready to MAKE A CHANGE!? YES!

**If you answered NO to questions 1-4 and YES to questions 5----I am ready to help you do this!

This is a journey and it isn't easy but it can be fun and it will change you. Contact me today if you are ready to get serious about creating a happier life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan