Slider

My Baking Addiction....

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I have a problem...I found a website and have not been able to stay out of the kitchen. It doesn't help that I stress bake but this blog has brought my creations to a whole new level. My inability to stop baking from it has also led my weight loss to stall. After much reflection (and sheer determination to wear something from the back of my closet by Christmas) I've decided to only bake once every couple of weeks as a coffee day treat for the ladies. I mean, seriously, could you resist these treats if they were sitting on your kitchen counter???

Turtle Cookies

 These are chocolate chip cookies on crack. Here's the recipe. I thought that letting the dough sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours was crazy but I did it and OH SO GOOD! It hardens up the caramel so that it doesn't melt all over the place. I used chocolate covered caramels in these cookies. These are some serious cookies for serious cookie lovers. These would make a great Christmas gift put together with some Caramel Hot Chocolate mix and a nice mug. (Yes, I'm thinking Christmas gifts already!)

Mocha Scones

Coffee lovers? Pastry addicts? Try these. Use your favorite coffee to make these addictive (as if you would really need a reason). I did replace the chocolate chips with the same amount of mini chocolate chips. I found that added just the right amount of chocolate to the mix. I used dark chocolate in the glaze and added just a pinch of salt to balance out the sweetness. These would be great for Christmas morning (just bake them the night before...super easy and quick to make). Enjoy with coffee when your kids get you up at some unmanly hour to open gifts.

Goody Bars

These are from Betty Crocker and I don't have a picture of the ones I made (the picture is from the Betty Crocker website. Mine looked exactly like that!). Try them and I bet you won't stop at one. Use holiday appropriate coated candies to make them year round. These are like taking the crisp parts off the apple crisp and sandwiching them with chocolate. You just can't go wrong!



Oh holiday baking season...how you will benefit from one of my favorite blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan