Slider

A visit from Poppy

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Dad was in town for work a couple of weeks ago and did we ever enjoy his visit! It's hard being away from my family, especially during the holidays so it was a very welcome and unexpected surprise to have him drop in for the night.


Poppy let him blow the horn!

We decided to go get our Christmas tree even though it was raining. My dad is the master of picking out a tree. I remember going to three or four different tree lots when I was little in pursuit of the perfect tree. Dad would size up the trees and if they didn't meet his standards we were out of there and onto the next tree lot.
Luckily, we found a tree at the first stop that met everyone's standards!




Helping to put the tree on the car
 After a great dinner of Chinese food and some more playing, it was time for Oz to hit the hay. He was thrilled to have Poppy read him stories and tuck him in bed.



Poppy was up early Sunday morning but stopped in again on his way back to NL. We had managed to get the tree up and snagged a few more shots.

Dad's visit made me a little less homesick and I'm so glad he got to spend time with the littles. Now to get ready for the Holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan