Slider

Spice up Banana Bread

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm guilty of making the same banana bread muffin and loaf recipe every time. I never mess with my Mom's banana bread recipe and I've never messed around with my muffin recipe either. That all changed the other night thanks to this little website called Pinterest. Have you heard of it? If not I don't suggest that you accept an invite. You will be in up to your ears in ideas and projects and will find there are not enough hours in the day to get everything you want to do done...but I digress...I saw a recipe for Reese Peanut Butter Cup banana bread. It looked so good I had to experiment with my recipe and peanut butter and chocolate. The results were pretty good if I do say so myself!




Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread

3 mashed bananas
1 banana, chopped
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all natural, unsweetened peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup mini peanut butter baking cups, frozen (I used PC mini baking cups)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl combine the mashed banana and sugar. Melt the butter and peanut butter in the microwave. Combine with the banana and sugar mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to incorporate them into the banana mixture. Add the dry ingredients and then fold in the peanut butter cups. Divide into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes. Reduce oven to 200 and continue to bake another 10-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.

Makes 12 muffins (7 WW PointsPlus each)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan