Slider

Bust a Move- One last time

Monday, February 24, 2014


One in nine women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime. These are our neighbors, friends, colleagues and family members, and they deserve to receive the best care in a world-class Breast Health Centre. 
Back in October, I took a position working with Women's and Newborn Health and was able to see the brand new Breast Health Centre here at the IWK. I couldn't believe the physical space transformation! Sometimes you don't get the chance to see something through to fruition, so it was really great to see the (almost) end result of 5 years of fundraising.




Back in 2009, when Bust a Move was dreamed up by the IWK and QEII Foundations, I was working with the IWK Foundation and was so excited for the event. Richard Simmons was coming!!! Hello! Sweatin' to the Oldies!! My set out to raise $1,000 so that I could participate. My hubby's coworkers were very eager to see him dressed as Richard Simmons for the day and blew my $600 challenge to them out of the water. Gordon was a good sport about it and sported his shorty-shorts and an Afro for the day.

The buzz around the IWK was infectious...

Since the event started, the circle of people that I personally know who have been touched by cancer has grown. A son is without his mother, a family is without their grandmother and a sister is without her twin. A wife is in remission, a coworker is in treatment. I bet if you look at your circle you'll realize that cancer is closer to you than you think. We all know someone who has battled breast cancer and supporting my efforts means supporting women in their fight..

Part of my job is to support Phase II of the Breast Health development. We are so close! In fact, we're so close to finishing the redevelopment that this will be the fifth and FINAL Bust A Move here in Halifax.

The last time I participated in this event, I was 30 weeks pregnant with Miss A. On March 22, 2014 I will once again be dedicating my time and effort in support of all of our loved ones because they deserve the best care. So, as a friend, I am asking you to take a stand and give generously.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Our Event. My team is the IWK Double Lattes. Every donation helps and all donations of $10 or more receive an income tax receipt.

Thank you so much for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan