Slider

Pancake Day Top 5 Pancake recipes you NEED to try

Tuesday, March 4, 2014


It's pancake day! That fabulous day of the year when those of us who make breakfast a habit can come out of hiding and gleefully flip flap jacks, grill up some bacon and let the maple juice pour!

I have made a lot of pancakes over the years. I've cut out shapes, made them different colours and flavours.


Couldn't help adding last year's St. Patty's breakfast picture...these pancake monsters are too cute!

I've changed my recipe a few times over the years but here are my top 5 pancake recipes:

1) William Sonoma's Buttermilk Pancakes - My good friend Laura turned me onto these and these are my go to recipe. I love making variations based on what's in season so these have become whole wheat apple pancakes, pumpkin oatmeal pancakes, very vanilla pancakes, the list goes on...
2) Banana Pancakes (Paleo)- don't be fooled if you think pancakes need sugar to be awesome. These are light and fluffy and incredibly tasty...and full of good things!

3) Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes- because I love all things pumpkin spice in the fall. My kids love these too.

4) Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie pancakes- I dare you to try these...no sugar added (other than the chocolate chips and the darker the better!

5) Company's Coming basic pancakes- I grew up on these and while there are better recipes out there these still bring back childhood memories of finding quarters, and later loonies, in my pancakes on Pancake Tuesday.

Ahh pancake love!!! It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan