Slider

Pattern Review: All You Need Jammies from Heidi & Finn

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I was thrilled last week when Christine from Heidi & Finn asked me to test out her new pattern for jammies. She has designed an incredibly versatile pattern (13 options ladies and gentleman!) that is incredibly easy to follow. The pattern fit is perfect and the options are limitless! While the pattern is designed to be made with knit fabric with a bit of stretch, I did use a lightweight flannel for one of my bottom options and they fit well without making any adjustments to the pattern.



I tend to buy jammies when, really, they are so simple to make- I just haven't tried.  Austin and Amelia keep growing out of pants faster than I can lengthen or replace them, so making jammies would be easier on my wallet given the size of my fabric stash!

I was asked to make size 12M and I had just the little guy in mind! 


Seriously it should be a crime for this guy to get any cuter! 

I did both the long and short sleeve shirts.  The sleeve width was great for both versions.  The long sleeve length was perfect. A little bit a room to grow but no need to worry it would shrink and be too short. The short sleeve version fits well with room for movement. Little Rhys loved his new pjs.
I did made both the leggings and lounge pants with the knit and then . I then made a pair of lounge shorts with a lightweight flannel as well because I went to the fabric store for elastic and came home with this adorable fox print:

Ignore the neck of the shirt. I made a mistake with the hem. Follow the instructions and your neck binding will lay right. My serger needle broke a third of the way through trying attach the binding and I miscalculated the hem with my regular sewing machine. 

Over all I love this pattern and (spoiler alert) am already planning Christmas jammies for all the kids on my list. I love all of the options and the versatility that this pattern provides. You can purchase your copy of the pattern here. I guarantee that it will be one of your go to patterns!

Shared on Pin It Thursday with Sweet Bella Rose!

2 comments:

  1. so cute! I love your fabric choices, thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! This was a great pattern and I was happy to test it for you :)

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan