Slider

Happy Birthday Mom!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Today a very special woman reaches a milestone. My mother has turned 50. I can hardly believe that because I can't relate that age to my mom. Now adays it isn't considered old but my mother has a spirit that is ageless. She is dedicated to her family, to her work and to her students. She gives so much of herself to others and deserves to be given so much in return.

Like many people I always said that if I won the lottery I would send my parents away on a dream vacation and that they would never have anything to worry about again. While I haven't hit the financial lottery I am rich in so many other ways and I have to thank my parents for that wealth. My mom is an extrodinary woman and I hope that one day when I'm a mom my kids will love and admire their grandmother as much as I do. If I can be half the mom to my kids as she has been to me then they'll be alright.

So Mom, I'm raising my coffee mug to you and wishing that I could be home for your special day. Enjoy your gift and we'll be home as soon as we can to celebrate with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan