Slider

Zucchini anyone?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a great Saturday we had! We got up bright and early (thanks to the cutest alarm clock on the planet!) and drove to the Valley where we took Austin to the Zoo for the first time and then on the way home stopped by Hennigar's Market and an apple upick. I picked up some veggies including a 3 foot zucchini. What's a girl to do with all that zucchini you ask...make cupcakes of course!

Saturday evening I made the zucchini spice cupcakes and they turned out perfectly...well mind you I had to start all over because I cracked a bad egg into the oil...I've never had a bad egg and I don't usually follow the rule about cracking eggs into a separate dish so that if you get a bad one it won't spoil your whole batter...lesson learned! At least I only wasted 1 cup of oil and 2 eggs. It could have been worse.

The cupcakes were not too sweet and perfectly moist. I topped them with cream cheese icing and set them off to Stantec with G. As usual the cupcake caddy came back empty.... :) Without the icing they were only 5 WW points so I got to have one and still stayed within my daily limit.
Now to get started on apple dishes...I've got 10lbs of apples to use before we go back for more in October.

On a side note, we decided to do a cosmetic update on our kitchen. We moved appliances around, installed new shelves and just got the paint for the cabinets....let's hope the renovation works wonders! We'll finally get to see if updating it for less than $200 will make it livable for a few more years. I swear the kitchen situation has led to more than one meltdown by yours truly. Let's just hope that this makes it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan