Slider

Midnight carrides and sweet rolls

Monday, September 28, 2009

So Martha has been on the back burner for a couple of weeks. Not that I haven't tried to make cupcakes but I've been so busy trying to get things done around this house and we just updated our kitchen (it's amazing what a coat of paint and some hardware will do) so it wasn't fit for baking in anyways. My main problem is that Martha's book doesn't have any apple cupcake recipes in it and we picked 10lbs of apples two weeks ago in the Valley. So I have been making apple pies, apple crisp, apple muffins, etc. I have also been making a lot of soup and tea biscuits. So it's not like I haven't been doing anything, just not cupcakes.

Which brings me to the subject of this entry. I have never made cinnamon rolls. I have only ever made them from the dough boy. So when my friend Emily made them a few weeks ago, I got a major case of baker envy. Last night I finally got her recipe and was all set to tackle that last evening so that my husband could go to work and boast about the hot, fresh cinnamon rolls that he had for breakfast. Well that was until my darling, sweet little boy couldn't sleep. We tried everything! We walked, rocked, paced, swung and bopped him to no avail. So at midnight we packed him into his car seat and drove around Lower Sackville until he fell asleep and then for another 30 minutes just to make sure he was really, truly asleep.

He woke up at 2am and then again at 4am. I rubbed his little back from 4-5:30am and he woke up every time that I stopped. Needless to say today was a two cup of coffee kind of day (those who know me, know that one cup is usually more than enough for me!). He seemed alright this morning so I set out to make the rolls while he ate cherrios and played with his car in his highchair. I have to say that I was very happy with the way they turned out. At 8 points each, they took up most of the points for my day (well they did after I had two of them) but they were worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan