Slider

This addict is looking for help...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I have a problem. It is a very real addiction and I need help....

My problem smacked me in the face yesterday morning as I was trying to get my little Monkey to wake up. After the usual tummy tickles and the good morning song, Austin did his morning stretch. Arms up over his head, back arched, butt out and face scrunched. I asked him is if wanted to go potty. Mid-stretch he replied "...coffee..." in a groggy, just waking up tone. I burst out laughing and then he open his eyes, rolled over, pulled his knees into his chest, butt up in the air and said "no Mommy...coffee now" Where is a video camera when you need one? That will totally be a story told to every girlfriend he brings home!


(BTW-That's just water in his cup)


And that is when it hit me....I have a problem

I love skinny vanilla lattes and chocolate dipped oatcakes. I have had a least two oatcakes a week since starting my job at Dal....and these oatcakes are not for the faint of heart. They are delicious and think and have this chocolate coating that isn't of the highest quality but my god it tastes good.

The latte isn't really an issue...it's 3WW pts, not a whole lot ion the scheme of things and I enjoy it so much! My day just doesn't feel right without one. Now the oatcake...THAT'S a whole other issue. It must be at least 9pts, more likely it is more than that....so if we say 12pts and add the latte then I'm using over HALF of my daily pts on my carb and caffeine obsession...

I need to conquer my comfort food issues if I am ever going to reach goal. Maybe I should try being hypnotised or ask the Second Cup ladies (who now say "Good day Lisa! Do you want your usual?") not to serve me....or maybe I should just learn some self control. There's an idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan