Slider

4 years later...

Thursday, July 10, 2008


I can still remember almost every detail of that day. I had hardly slept I was so excited. I opened my eyes early and decided to get out of bed and shower. I was a bit upset about the rainy weather and prayed that it would clear up in enough time to allow for our pictures to be taken in the Park. My dad's kinsmen buddies had planted flowers and hung hanging baskets in our wedding colour theme so that the gazebo (a tribute to a dear family friend) would be perfect for us.

One of my favorite parts of that morning was waking up my little niece Ani to get her ready for the hair dressers. I'll never forget as my mother was explaining what we were doing that day she said "the party keeps, going and going and going!" and she was so right. That day was a great day. I got to hang out all morning with my three amigos and my mom and some of my new family. I don't remember being overly stressed (I did have to get my Dad to call the DJ to remind him that he was booked for our reception). Before I knew it I was standing in my parent's living room in my incredible wedding dress. I felt amazingly happy. I have never felt so beautiful in my whole life as I did at that moment.

I remember getting to the church and having a few moments in the back with my girls before we all lined up. I couldn't even wait for Ani and Adam to get all the way down the aisle. I wanted to go. I wanted to see Gordon. I will always remember the moment that our eyes met. My heart knew I was right where I was suppose to be and so was he. The ceremony was great, we had a blast getting our pictures done and then we all partied until the wee hours of the morning. It was such a fun wedding.

Later sitting in our hotel room (after our "friends" kicked us out of the party in their room, seriously!) as Gordon was taking the 6 million bobby pins out of my hair, we both just looked at each other. "Good day?" he asked. "The best." was my answer.

Four years have past and I can still say that we had the best day. The best part is we keep having them. The past four years haven't been without their bumps but we always come up. I can hardly believe that this is our last wedding anniversary just the two of us. Next year we will need a sitter (and our basement will be finished!). I am so excited about our life together. I am so lucky to have such and incredible husband.

Happy Anniversary love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan