Slider

Mother's Day

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. I can't believe that I get to partake in the celebrations on team mom this year! In recent years I have developed a very deep appreciation for my mother and for all of the sacrifices that she made for us. Since Austin's birth that appreciation has only deepened. I am so grateful to my mom for everything and especially for being so supportive and helpful since I had my own son.

I truly understand what it means to say that I would do anything for my child. I would give my life for Austin. Becoming a mother has changed me in a whole bunch of ways, one of them being that I think that I really know what love is now. I know that sounds corny but the minute they placed Austin in my arms, I felt this whole other emotion that was so intense I was overwhelmed with it. Everything that I do is for him and I think that it makes me a better person in the end because of it.

My first Mother's Day as a mom was fantastic. Gordon got up with Austin so that I could sleep in and then made me breakfast. We hung out and had a great family day, visited with G's mom and then G cooked supper and did the dishes. What more could a girl ask for? (I also got a gift certificate to the spa...no complaints there!) I really love spending a full day just spending time with my boys without being distracted by chores and other responsibilities. Nothing is better than being able to sit and babble with Austin and just listening to what he has to say.

So Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms, honorary moms and moms to be. It is the greatest job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan