Slider

Here comes the weekend!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Today is a great day.

There are clouds in the sky and I’m sure it is going to rain…oh well! My garden needs the rain and come to think of it so does our lawn; it isn’t as green as it should be…maybe we should put some lime on it to help that out. Today is a great day because it is Friday and I get to spend two full days with a couple of my favorite people! (That and there was an awesome rendition of All Star this morning by three crazy people on the way to work!)

We have swimming a play date/dinner date on Saturday and then a glorious Sunday of family time. Monkey is very entertaining these days and we’re never really sure what is going to come out of his mouth. For instance, this morning he told me he was awesome and that candles are not candles…they are cake (he has only ever seen candles on birthday cake) and when he saw the Snickerdoodle cake that I have made for Kermesse (yes Snickerdoodle cake….I can still smell the cinnamony goodness!) he started singing Happy Birthday. Very cute!

Even work is good today. I am flying through my to do list and am fairly hopeful that I won’t go into the weekend with a backlog to face on Monday. It’s a good thing!

My Kitchen Aid has been busy! I’ve made Cowboy cookies; Chewy Oatmeal Raisin cookies (recipe on the back of the Parkay Margerine box); sugar cookies; lasagna; chicken curry; chicken chili and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes (from Martha's Cupcake book). Cooking is such a stress relief for me, that and I really like watching other people enjoy what I have made for them.



It is suppose to be a really nice weekend. I’m looking forward to the sunshine, Fuzzi Bunz on the line and time with good friends. Life is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan