Still behind! Bust a Move (and a bump!)

Saturday, April 9, 2011

March 26, 2011 was a very exciting day for me. I got up, got ready and headed to the Canada Games Center in Clayton Park to participate in Bust a Move for Breast Health. The event is put on by the IWK Foundation and the QEII Foundation working towards the common goal of improving Breast Health services in Nova Scotia.

Before I left G wanted to get a 30 week belly shot and then Austin wanted to get in the picture too. It's too bad he wasn't in his Superman or Batman jammies....that would have made this picture so much funnier. As it was he did say "Up and Away!" when he posed.
Austin wanted to be a superhero too!
I got to the venue and met up with my awesome team. Everyone was pumped and the energy in the air was electrifying. People were dressed in crazy outfits, men in tutus and others in Viking helmets with bras hanging from them. People had crazy bras on the outside of their outfits, super hero capes and crazy make up. I really wish I was more brave because it would have been awesome to paint up the bump and left it out for all to see.

Hour 1 started with a dance routine that was a lot of fun. Hour 2 was Zumba. I didn't quite make the whole hour as the bump didn't like all the twisting, but I think post baby I would like to try it again. Hour 3 was yoga. Hour 4 was strength training. Hour 5 was an awesome cardio workout (seriously my favorite of the day). Hour 6 was Paula...but I was fading fast. My calves were twitching and I knew that if I didn't head home soon I wouldn't make it there. So I made it about 1/3 of the way through Paula, hung around on the sidelines for about 30 minutes before realizing that I didn't have the energy to jump back in. I admitted defeat and headed home, very proud that I had given it my all.  Here are a few pictures:

JBN stretching for us all

The IWK Knocker Rockers

Me,  Robbie and the bump

Zumba from the sidelines

Paula and her crew
I was in bed by 8:30 Saturday night. Sunday I just kept moving to ensure that my body didn't seize up but I couldn't shake a headache that had started Saturday night. Monday it had turned into a full blown migraine and I ended up spending the day in bed. I've never had a migraine before. It was horrible! Thankfully after 5 hours in bed and three doses of tylenol it was gone.

Now to decide how to raise my money for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan