Slider

Friday, May 27, 2011

"I really am your gift. I am not just a little person who needs to be "raised" and taught, and taken to activities....I came to the people in my life to bring a message: slow down. Feel. Be. Over and over again. When you do, you will notice immediately, that I am not an obstacle to your work, or inconvenient to your daily life. Instead, you will come to appreciate my honesty, humor, presence and love." -- Bruce Scott

I just love this quote. Because it is true, becoming a mother has taught he to slow down and soak in life's moments with not only my children, but with my husband, family and friends.  I spend less time worrying about the state of my house and what others will think if my sofa has a spot or there is dust in the bathroom. The laundry piles up until I have to suck it up and get it done and we've eaten more take out then we should BUT my boy is happy, I am happy. Memories are made and hugs and kisses are given out freely. Austin makes G and I laugh and makes us able to really laugh at ourselves. He speaks his mind and shows his emotions. Gordon and I are amazed with him each and every day and look forward to what the next day will bring.

Faces get dirty but adventures are had and those adventures are what make life worth living. Happiness is like bubbles, at least to Austin. There is something about that bubble, how it's made, the smile it brings and the wonder that comes from chasing it up to the sky when all a little boy wants to do is pop it and laugh at the accomplishment (rain or shine).


Yup in the hockey game of life, we've scored big time! Now I'm going to turn off my laptop and finish watching the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan