Slider

39 weeks

Monday, May 30, 2011

So here we are at 39 weeks and this is how the bump is looking:


I am convinced this little Peanut is a girl. Peanut is wanting to arrive on her(his) own terms and I am wanting Peanut to arrive now! I can't handle much more of this false labour. Contracting for hours on end and then everything stopping and starting up again a few hours later. It's a vicious cycle and I'm not amused. They say that babies come when Mother Nature is ready...well Mother is ready so Nature better hurry up!

Sunday I had a great lunch with a few of my good friends. It was really nice. We met up for lunch and instead of having a traditional shower for me, they organized a freezer party. Everyone brought food that was freezer ready so that we wouldn't have to worry about food for the first few weeks after baby. Anyone who knows us, knows that G doesn't cook very often. Give the man a recipe and he can follow it so I would say he just chooses not to cook. I even tried getting him to commit to one night a week but I got sick of pasta with sauce so gave up on that dream.  Our freezer is now fully stocked and I can cross off worrying about making more meals for the freezer.

I like to be prepared and I think we're pretty ready. Bassinet is layered (for anyone who doesn't know this trick its sheet, waterproof change pad, repeat. It was probably one of the MOST useful tricks  I learned with Austin. With several layers of sheets and waterproof pads, you don't have to worry about changing a bassinet or crib if baby spits up or a diaper leaks. You just peel off a layer and go on with the night. It's great because you end up only having to haul the crib mattress out of the crib once a month or so to re-layer), clothes are washed, bags are packed and diapers are stuffed. I just wish I knew when this baby was coming. I can't go to work with all these contractions because it is way too distracting and staying home is a bit annoying because I make work to keep myself busy. I seriously need to learn how to just relax.

Off to walk the track and see if I can't get things to progress a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan