Slider

From 1 to 2

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This month has been crazy! A good crazy, but crazy none the less. A few friends warned me that going from one child to two is insanely hard. I thought they were exaggerating..apparently not. The thing is that while you have this new little in the house, you still have the first born child expecting the same level of attention as before. It's stressful trying to fill the needs of two little people at the same time, thankfully at least one of them can tell me what they need (when they aren't too busy fake crying...oh they joys!)

It has been taking quite awhile to feed Amelia. Poor little peanut had a tongue tie and as a result wasn't able to nurse or take a bottle very well, so she was having trouble gaining weight. Her pediatrician referred her to one of the two doctors in Halifax who will clip a newborn tongue. So about two weeks ago we had the procedure done and the difference to her latch and in her ability to eat more efficiently was almost immediate! We're still supplementing but hopefully not for too much longer.

Today was my second day with both kids while G was at work. We had kept Austin at Kelly's until the end of June and I'm really happy that we did. He always has a blast there and it kept his routine in tact. I think that is a very big positive in this transition for him. It also gave me some one on one focused time with Amelia and I am very grateful for that.

Hopefully I will get back on track here with my blog. I'm getting better at one handed typing and am going to try to make more of an effort to make time to write and post pictures. Like these:

Sleeping Beauty

Coffee with Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan