Slider

Hearts for breakfast!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I am always watching what our family eats. While I post a lot of the treats that I make on the blog, the majority of them are sent off to G's office or given away so that we don't consume the whole lot! I often tinker with recipes to make them better for us. One of Austin's favorite breakfast's is buttermilk pancakes. I changed the recipe to use 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour. I also add 1 tbsp of ground flax seed to the batter. This past weekend I divided the batter in half and added a few drops of red food dye to one half (I had planned on using strawberries and beet to make them red but I didn't have either on hand).  Then I took out the cookie cutter:


Voila! Pancakes with hearts. Austin wouldn't eat the red pancakes though. He thought the red tasted "esgusting" but the plain was just fine. Oh well at least he like that they were "Special" pancakes!

2 comments:

  1. My favourite line: "I CHANGES the recipe..." You truly are my favourite Newfoundlander!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you check the keyboard to make sure the "s" was next to the "d"?? lol

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan