Slider

Love is in the air!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest is inspiring me! I wanted to prove to myself that all that time spent on the site was worth it so I have taken Valentine's day on as a challenge! Would you like to see our mantel?


The great thing is that it was very easy and very low cost but it really does add some festive spirit to our home.
The subway art is from eighteen25. She has some great stuff and it is all free! I downloaded the image and had it printed at Walmart. The vases I had, the branch is from the backyard, candy from Bulk Barn and the rest of the decorations came from Micheal's, Dollarama and Walmart. Austin helped me make the candy vases and decorate the tree. He had a great time doing it so I decided that we would do another Pintastic craft:



Austin loves that he gets a "kiss" everyday to count down to Valentine's Day. He has to find the right number and we count the days that have passed and the days to go before he gets to have a chocolate. I'm trying to be educational and not just pump my child full of sugar. He decorated it himself and was very proud of his handy work.

I am enjoying having little projects that I can (mostly) do with Austin. He is learning things and I am learning new skills, getting us organized and pushing myself to be more creative. Big bonus~ we are having fun in the process!
Watch the blog for some goodies that we created. The heart shaped cookie cutter is getting a lot of use in our house these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan