Slider

Kids Clothes Week Day 3

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hello Sunshine!


I am in love with a little green sundress that Miss Amelia had passed down to her from a friend. Problem is that it is getting too small. I put it on my little after she got out of the pool and realized that I might only a few more weeks out of it. I love the shirring on the back and how the skirt twirls. Then I remembered that I had pinned a tutorial awhile back and so the next day's sewing item was decided on!

I used the dress as a pattern and increased the size. As usual, I made the dress a little big. It's more a size 3 than a 2 but I want her to get as much wear out of these dresses as possible.


The top part of the dress is a lined front and a shirred back with halter straps. When I attached the skirt, I added some jumbo ric rac for a little pop of colour. I wish I had had enough to go around the bottom of the dress as well.  


Christine's tutorial over on her blog From an Igloo really helped me with the shirred back. I'm thrilled with how it turned out! The fabric is a mix of Shore Thing by Micheal Miller and a Dear Stella fabric that I cannot seem to find again anywhere! I bought it last year and now I wish I had more. This combination just screams Americana to me. A little ode to Aunt RyLee and Uncle Clay who live in Nashville and are celebrating their birthdays today (same day, same year...kinda weird but also cool). Happy birthday you guys!

I need to make more of these dresses. I just loved how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan