Slider

4 more sleeps!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011


You'll notice that my blog has gone pink to the extreme... That is because in 4 days I will be participating in Bust A Move to raise funds for a world class breast health centre right here in Halifax.

I want to thank all of my friends and family who have helped me raise money for this very worthwhile cause. I am always impressed and humbled with your generosity. People think I'm a bit crazy for participating in this at 7 months pregnant but I really think that 6 hours of exercise is nothing. When I think about the battles the women and men who have breast cancer go through for their lives, it is the very least that I can do.

Sadly, we all know someone who has been touched by this terrible disease. The wife of a former coworker of G's found out she had breast cancer shortly after finding out she was pregnant with her first child. I can not even imagine the roller coaster that Cara and Simon rode...the incredible beautiful high of finding out that you have created life and that a baby will be joining the family, and then the blow of hearing that dreaded word..cancer. How do you wrap your mind around something like that? I can not even begin to put myself in their shoes. Thankfully their beautiful baby boy is doing so well and Cara is still in treatment.

Cancer has claimed more than its share of my family (my grandfather and my great uncles on my Dad's side) and has impacted more than one friend. I am glad to be doing something, anything, to help people dealing with cancer.

If you've been thinking about making a donation and haven't yet done so, I encourage you to visit my home page and donate online. Every penny counts. Gifts of $10 or more get you a tax receipt!

You can make a difference in the life of someone who needs you. Donate, participate, volunteer.

Post a comment and share a story of someone you know who has been touched by cancer. Inspire us all to do our part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan