Slider

Kid's Clothes Week day 1

Monday, October 21, 2013

I had so much fun sewing for the last Kid's Clothes Week that I couldn't wait to do it again. Naturally I am getting overly ambitious and has a ton of big ideas for this week. And I have a lingering sinus cold and my sewing machine is eating needles... so today I'm posting a very simple but crazy cute appliqued shirt.


I found a pumpkin picture online. Flipped it and traced the image onto heat bond. I cut the shapes out of coordinating materials and used a brown fleece for the stem. I used fabric from October Afternoon and Adornit. Sometimes it is so hard to cut a fabric. I've got a bit of a stash built up and when just the right inspiration hits, I'll give I'm and cut something beautiful.  I know I'm not the only sewer with that problem! I've been holding onto so many pieces of the Fly a Kite line and this just seemed like the right time to use it.

After I ironed the pieces onto the shirt, I used a zigzag stitch to finish the applique and give it an embroidered look. (I want an embroidery machine oh so badly. ... Santa? ? I've been good! I swear! ) I finish every appliqued shirt with fray check. I like how it seals the seams. 

I love the orange floral print pants that were a hand me down that I have been wanting to put on Amelia for a while. This shirt pairs with them perfectly and just makes a perfectly sweet fall outfit.


This little girl is such a cutie pie! I know I'm a little bias but come on!


Love her pumpkin clip? Get one here

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan