Slider

Perspective

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Life has been interesting lately. We've been doing a renovation that has been planed since we purchased the house, Austin started school, I've had a career change and I'm trying to balance devoting my time to my kids and getting things done. I saw this little poem and I wish I had written it. My house is not pristine (see note about renovation) but my kids are loved!

"I hope my child looks back on today
And sees a mother who had time to play.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking,
But children grow up when you’re not looking.
Tomorrow I’ll do all the chores you can mention
But today, my baby needs time and attention.
So settle down cobwebs; dust go to sleep,
I’m cuddling my baby, and babies don’t keep"

And seriously they've sprouted a foot each over the summer!!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow. I cannot believe our kids are old enough to start school! <3 Such beautiful babies you have!!! I love that poem. I hope my kids see that I had time to do stuff with them too but sometimes I feel like they won't see that but they'll see the crazy mom who was always cooking, cleaning and driving....enjoy playing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jen! Can you believe that they are 5 already??!! You're kids are so lucky..turn your blog into a book so they can always remember all the cool stuff you do with them :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan