Slider

Kids Clothes Week- Day 2 The Hangout Hoodie

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Knit fabric used the scare the bejewels out of me. The stretch, the movement, my lack of experience with it kept me from diving into knit wear, preferring to keep to the nice safe world of woven cotton fabrics.

Then my fabric enabling buddy Lisa tagged me in a de-stash sale. My heart went out to this lovely woman who was selling of her fabric stash. I knew I had to give some of that fabric a good home and before I knew it, I was the proud owner of several yards of knit fabric.

If you haven't noticed, I'm a HUGE fan of Peek a boo patterns.Amy has a great blog and is really creative with her patterns. Yes you will see more than 1 of her patterns this week.  I'd been eyeing the Hangout Hoodie but my deep fear of knit kept me from buying the pattern. Now I had the perfect excuse reason to buy the pattern and dive in. I was in love with the result. And I don't have a picture of that one handy so I will show you this one instead!


Then I made this adorable sibling coordinating combo. Do you like?



The pattern is easy to follow and can really be used with any weight knit fabric so perfect for all season wear. I did find the hood band a little tricky at first but I think I've gotten the hang of it now. I would recommend sizing up. Oz is wearing 6 and I find it a little snug. I probably should have made him a 7.


There will be many more of these hangout hoodies and hangout hoodie dresses in my sewing future!




1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan