Slider

Mojo? Where you go?

Saturday, January 18, 2014

I don't know if it's the weather or the lack of sugar but I'm feeling pretty blah. On one "health" hand I feel great!  I eating better than I have in a very long time and I no longer hit the 10am and 3pm slumps where I used to drop what I was doing and frantically reach for another hit or coffee or sugar to to make it through the morning/afternoon. I've lost a few pounds and feel less "puffy".

On the other "health" hand I feel like crap. My sinuses are clogged, my head has been in a vice grip and my eye is watering like Niagara falls.  I know its all weather related and since we've had both winter and spring this week I'm not surprised. But I am over it. Enough already!

Creatively, A Squared Designs is still on a winter break. I've taken on just a couple of custom orders but am otherwise working on a few of my own projects...well I would be if I could get my mojo going. I keep waiting for inspiration to strike to tackle the quilts I've got in various stages, finish the thrown pillows and put my plan in action for Kids Clothes Week. I don't even have the desire to go to the fabric store for inspiration. *GASP!* Yes I said it, buying fabric doesn't excite me and the local fabric shop has buy 1 get 2 free on right now. Yes I'm serious. No I'm not kidding.



Apparently there are a few of us mompreneurs who are dealing with the same creative burnout following the holidays. I think it has more to do with this gray weather than any actual creative burnout.

This weekend I am going to force myself to get out of this rut. I will sit down and organize my fabrics for KCW and I will spend an hour on one quilt and attempt to get through my workout without my head exploding. Maybe forcing myself to accomplish something will build momentum.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a creative day :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan