Slider

Road trip!

Monday, August 11, 2014

This past weekend our kids embarked on their second annual Newfoundland Adventure to Nanny and Poppy's. I miss them like crazy and it's only been two days!



Ozzy has been counting down to this trip for a month. I have been planning for the trip for all of two days. Thank goodness for Pinterest! I found some great road trip car games. And we played car bingo, I spy, the alphabet game, sang some songs and both littles had naps (at different times of course!)



Amelia really enjoyed her Magic Wonder colouring. I love how these markers don't mark up anything else. No worry about making a mess. Crayola if you are reading this I'd be happy to review some products for you! Lol


Do you like the kids seat belt covers? I made them using this tutorial by SewRockin'. You can't see it but Amelia is sitting on a brand new piddle pad that I made using this tutorial and a waterproof change pad. I made two- one for the car and one for the "accident" bag.  I can't believe I haven't made these sooner!  For Austin's seat belt cover I used the tutorial by Sew4home. These projects were pretty quick sews and while I was at it on Friday night I made a seat belt cover for me too!


The kids were thrilled to be getting on the boat with their "wagons" (aka suitcases with wheels)

So excited to go!

I know it's a little blurry but just too cute not to share!



I had a hard time letting them go. Ozzy looked me in the eyes and told me not to worry. He knew I would miss him but he would have fun and pretty soon I would be in Newfoundland with them. Bless his heart!!! I really do have the sweetest boy :)

The Captain and I hit the road back to home and stopped at a few places along the way. I finally never have to wonder about the Big Red Barn and Quilt shop again (not worth the stop unless you REALLY like kitschy things, over prices flannel baby blankets and old Christmas decorations).  We had thought about taking the Cabot Train home but I hadn't slept the night before and near bit the Captain's head off when he suggested adding several hours to our drive, so we didn't.  (Note to hubby: Do not address the wife with a suggested activity that involves being the in car longer than planned before the 3rd coffee after a night of no sleep.)

Who's the captain you ask? This guy:

One of the many fine items available at the Big Red Barn...

Ahoy!

What will we do for a whole week without our littles? I foresee a lot of cleaning, painting, C25K'ing and uninterrupted T25!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan