Slider

Radiothon! Live from the IWK Health Centre

Friday, April 11, 2008

Tune in and check out a bit of what we do! http://www.c100fm.com/

It's our annual Radiothon and it is one impactful event. I had a hard day yesterday because we interviewed a family that I have been following closely on their blog. I haven't read the blog in a month and I found out that the little girl who basically has no immune system but had gotten gene therapy to give her one now has tumors and they aren't sure how they are going to treat her. I cried for I don't know how long. Her mom and I are the same age...it is just such a horrible thing....with our own little one on the way, I'm viewing the stories a bit differently than I have in the past. There are so many wonderful stories too. Kids are remarkable creatures, it's amazing what they can go through and still smile. That smile is why I love these events and why I love what I do.

We had our u/s yesterday afternoon and I was so incredibly happy to see a nice strong heartbeat. The baby is measuring 13-14 weeks so they changed my due date to October 10...I'm still thinking the baby will come closer to the 18th because I'm certain of my dates. It was so nice to see the baby and Gordon was so excited. He is going to be an incredible Dad. It's amazing that this little one is in me...still doesn't feel real but the bump is starting to show so there is no denying it now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan