Slider

Another uneventful weekend...NOT!

Monday, January 25, 2010

So never a dull moment at the Boutilier household! On Friday night Andrea came by to watch Austin and G and I sent out on an actual date. It was so much fun. We went to Jane on the Commons for dinner (fantastic food) and then to Starbucks for coffee. I shouldn’t have had the coffee. It was my third cup of the day and sure enough on the way home I started to feel sick. At 2:30am I woke up with ridiculous pain and that didn’t let up until after 10am. By late afternoon I felt well enough to keep our play/dinner date with friends and off we went.


Austin had a great time playing with Graham and even ate his dinner at the play table without a high chair. I’m not sure who got more food though…Austin or Charlie (the dog). Around 7:30 I started to feel not great so we headed home. By the time we hit the highway I was in so much pain I couldn’t sit up straight. We went to the ER and I was seen pretty quickly. Apparently I am not having esophageal spasms…. I have been having gallbladder attacks! They pumped me full of gravol and were about to give me morphine when I had crazy flash backs of coming down after my c-section and wanting to take sandpaper to my skin all the while throwing up continuously…maybe I need to start listing that as an allergy. Thankfully I remembered before they pumped it through the IV port. I was given a dose of dilaudin and sent home and told to come back for 9am to get an ultrasound.

The next morning we dropped Austin off to hang out with Garnet and the boys and headed back to the ER. The Ultrasound technician was looking at the screen and I asked if it was a boy or girl. Funny right? …. G didn’t think so and actually come to think of it that wouldn’t have been funny at all. Anywho he didn’t find a baby but he did find a gallbladder full of stones but no inflammation, which would have meant immediate surgery.

Back out to see more doctors and nurses, got sent to the shiny new ER downtown, spoke with the hot surgery resident and then given the info to book an appt to see the surgeon. It was so great to get home to my little man at the end of the day. It was great that G and I got to spend some time together but that was really not what we were looking for!

I’ll keep you posted but hopefully it will be a few months before surgery. I’ll find out next week.

1 comment:

  1. That stinks! I had a few gall bladder attacks and had to have surgery 9 days before my wedding. That was no fun. It's good that you GB isn't inflamed. I had only one stone and it was inflamed. I couldn't eat anything but fruits and veggies or I'd have a lot of pain. I hope you don't have to go in right away.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan