Slider

How lucky we are..

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted all week. I was busy getting my boss ready to be Gene Simmons on Thursday night and I had a cold and sore throat which kept me home from work on Friday (with Austin who had a cough and runny nose). Today started out as a great day. I am finally down to 1lb below my prepreggo weight so I rewarded myself with a new purse (which was actually needed because my current purse is falling apart) so after G got back from watching our nephew play hockey (Austin was WAY to cranky to go), we headed to the mall.

On our way home later this afternoon, G ran into Future Shop to pick up a tax program and I waited in the car with Austin who was snoring away in the back seat. I tried to catch up with my friends by stalking FB on my cell phone and I came across a post saying that a Fertility Friend member's son had passed away during the week. He was 15 months old. I did not know this woman or her son because I am not part of that mommy group but I still feel for her. Her little boy had a congenital heart defect and from what I can gather his passing was somewhat unexpected. No parent should have to bury their child. My heart aches just thinking about it and I can't really express how I feel about her loss. I want to act in someway but I'm not sure what to do. How do you ever make that better for someone? 

Austin is the light in my world. His smile and slobbery kisses make every moment of my day worthwhile. Gordon and I would be lost without our boy. We can not even begin to think about a life that does not have him as part of it. He completes us, inspires us and teaches us to find the joy in the same things.

Tonight I held Austin extra close and said a prayer for Jasper. I pray that his family finds peace and that I take the time each day to be grateful for our gift and how lucky we are that we get to continue to watch Austin grow and the extra hugs and kisses that we get to have.

How lucky we are to have that chance....

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan