Slider

Closing my eyes and leaping into the unknown...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I love my job. I love the people that I work with and I have the ideal work environment. I am so proud of everything that I have accomplished over the past four and a half years.

I can't believe that I am about to say this but . . it's time for a new challenge.

Two weeks ago, an opportunity came across my desk that I could not ignore. I spoke with Robbie about it (and burst into tears just thinking about what I was about to do) and he told me that I would be an idiot if I didn't apply. So I updated my resume and cover letter, had Robbie look it over and then clicked Submit. I'm sure I broke into a cold sweat as my finger let the arrow hover over the button before I took the leap.

That was on Monday, Friday I was sitting in the office of the Assistant Vice President of Ancillary Services of Dalhousie University, talking about my job, my experience, my responsibilities and my approach to life. We talked about the job and what I would be doing. I wasn't nervous, I have a job that I loved and no one knew I was there so I almost had nothing to lose...almost. They asked me why I was interested in the job if I loved what I did and the people that I work with. The answer is simple, it's time for me to grow. I'm in need of a new challenge with more responsibilities.

I am about to take a huge step outside my comfort zone. In the next couple of weeks I will taking on the role of the Administrative Coordinator of DAL's Ancillary Services department. I'm sure I will ask myself "what was I thinking" when the semester starts and the students come back to campus and I face my new responsibilities without knowing what I am actually doing....I'm sure I will catch on.

And do you want to know what I am really worried about?

Who am I going to eat lunch with....

2 comments:

  1. Im so proud, thrilled and nervous for you at the same time. You'll be fabulous don't you worry. I'll have lunch with you sometime when I'm in town again :-) Love ya.

    Sis-in-law RyLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few girls over there that would LOVE to have lunch with you! You'll be a big hit, I know it!! Congrats again...they'll be lucky to have you!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan