Slider

Fireworks

Monday, July 5, 2010

My favorite blog is play “In the Summertime” by Mungo Jerry as I sit down to type this out. What a perfect summer weekend/4 day mini-vacation we just had! It started out with this:


Austin’s first Sackville fireworks. We didn’t have a great view but he was thrilled with the lights and kept saying “More piddy momma!!”
G and I made a vow to video tape as much as possible before Austin starts talking like a grown up. He has already gone from saying “Tome, tome mommy” to “Come, come mommy” (This is especially cute when he runs up to me and grabs me by the hand and leads me to look at a bug or to reach his bubbles and chaulk…)


Thursday was Canada Day and we were up and at ‘em early…well okay 7:30 so really it was a sleep in. We took Austin to the Canada Day Parade on Sackville Dr., Austin loved the bubbles and music. After a pre-lunch nap, we hung out in the backyard “helping” daddy build the privacy fence, chasing balls and laughing at everything and anything.

(yes that is a sucker....)
Thursday night brought more of this:


And of course this:  Canada Day dessert with supper: I'll share the recipe later...so good!


Friday morning Austin woke up at 5:30am and called out from his room. I would love to say that I heard the pitter patter of little feet but let’s face it…my child is a rugby player in the making. His little thuds soon led to two little hands on my mattress and then that beautiful blond hair peeking up over the edge. I pretended to still be asleep until I heard his little whispers "momma?? Up, bed?” The BEST way to wake up.

Monkey and I got up and made breakfast and coffee for daddy. He helped and tasted the raw pancake batter, declared it to be “dewishshis” and then was upset when I cooked it! We spent the whole day outside and it was glorious!

Saturday brought a nighttime campfire with new friends:


G completed our new deck on Sunday and we had our first company for a bbq:


It was so hard to get up this morning to go to work. Oh how I would love to be at home soaking up this amazing summer with this little guy!


Happy Day Canada- love Austin!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! More deck pics please :o)
    xx. Big Sis-in-law

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan