Slider

An Eggs-trodinary day

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Today was as close to perfect as I could ask for. Austin slept in until 7 and played quietly in his crib until about 7:30...well quietly might be a strech, I heard cat and dog sounds and then he was "whistling" (aka screaming at the top of his lungs musically). We got up, had breakfast and headed outside. Austin helped me put the eggs around the yard. I had to bring him inside to keep him from making a pile with the eggs that we had just scattered around.

Once Austin's friends arrived, we gave them each a basket and let them loose in the yard to find the eggs.


Mackenzie searching hard...

Clare helping Austin put the eggs in his basket
All finished with the eggs, the kids moved onto the sandbox table
Some silly shots:

After all the kids went home Austin had the shortest nap in history. When he woke up we ran a few errands and then after supper Austin wanted to go back outside. I grabbed the bubbles and we started blowing. Austin loves bubbles. He squeels with delight and chases them around the yard. His eyes have such a great glow to them and it just makes me happy to watch him so happy. He ended up drinking some of the suds when it was his turn to blow but then he burped a bubble and laughed a real true belly laugh which in turn made me laugh.
 

He has had his bath (with even more bubbles) and is all ready to be cuddled and sung off to sleep. Tomorrow morning is Easter and I am picking my mother up at the airport at 7:20am. We are so excited. I can't wait to share the joy of Austin with her. You seriously can not have a bad day around my little boy...he just makes my heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan