Slider

I burnt the soup

Monday, January 3, 2011

That pretty much sums up my day. We slept in until 8:30am, got up, had breakfast and started the de-Christmas-fication process. While I was waiting for G to dig out the Christmas boxes, I got started in the kitchen. I put the ham bone on to boil, added the split peas. I did the prep for my favorite chicken stir fry with green onions,  oranges and walnuts. I got that vacuum sealed and in the fridge all ready for dinner Thursday night. I made the chicken and broccoli pie, and checked the soup. All was good. I lowered the heat and went into the living room to start taking down Christmas.

I admit that I am not feeling great today. I don't know if it's pregnancy sick, a cold or what but I started to get a little dizzy after I finished packing away the ornaments. I laid down on the sofa and just closed my eyes for a minute. The next I know I hear "What's that smell?" G ran into the kitchen and turned off the soup pot. The pea soup had burnt to the bottom of the pot. Now pea soup is not something that you want to burn...it stinks to the high heavens! The soup had splattered all over the cook top. Poor G ended up cleaning the mess up because the smell was making me so nauseous. I went back to sleep, woke up at 2, took Ozzy upstairs to get him to have a nap and ended up sleeping the rest of the afternoon away.

Some times I just want to freeze time. Oz has been a handful today- in a good way. He has been so much fun and he wanted me to cuddle with him (hence the second nap). There is just something so sweet about those little hands reaching out to touch my face and the butterfly kisses that my baby gives before sleepy time. I just love it when he looks at me and says "You cuddle me mama? I wove you" Melt my heart!
Thanks for the great sweater Nanny

Finally a nice picture of me and my boy 
Tomorrow life returns to the work day routine. I have enjoyed every moment of spending my days with my family and our evenings with good friends. I can not wait to able able to do this full time. But for now, it's back to the daily grind, and I can't wait for Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan