Slider

A Boutilier Gathering

Monday, March 29, 2010

Today was Leah's funeral. It was a beautiful service and quite a large crowd gathered to pray with us as we sent G's grandmother off to meet the Lord.

The upside of funerals is that families get together.  Following the service at the gravesite, we picked Austin up from the sitter's and headed to Glen and Holly's. It ended up being a great get together! Austin entertained and ate food until I thought he was going to be sick. He had a great time with G's cousin Trevor and with his cousin Callum. Cindy (another of G's cousins) and I decided to get the boys together for a playdate. They are only about 7 months apart and they seemed to get along well. Now that I think about it, I remember being pregnant at the "Welcome Baby" shower that Holly had for Cindy...I just wasn't telling anyone!

We ate, drank and shared stories. I'm sure the party is still going on...we had to bring the monkey home for his bath and bed.

A friend shared this poem with me and I want to share it with you. I am also putting this down as something that I want shared at my funeral (which I sincerely hope is not for a long time yet). I truly believe that we live in the hearts of those who love us and that when someone dies they don't ever leave us.


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.

I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
~ Mary Elizabeth Frye

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan